[Dxspider-support] Creating /spider/data/user_asc

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 09:45:30 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 08:38, Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:

> Hello friends:
> We had some stability problems and we had to delete user_asc.
> A little question: how do we create it now?

This will have made zero difference to your stability as it is the
BACKUP for the actual users file: users.v2

As you have removed the BACKUP, unless you have older backups (ie
user_asc.o user_asc.oo etc) you will need to do an 'export_user' in a
console window and then follow the instructions for doing a user file
restore.

(which are: stop the node; cd /spider/data; perl user_asc; sort out any
errors that bother you by editing the user_asc file and repeating the
last step until you are happy; restart the node).

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Message, It May Cease to
Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.