[Dxspider-support] Best Linux for cluster?

Bela Markus ha5di at freemail.hu
Wed Apr 28 16:20:20 BST 2004

Hi David,

I would try a minimal MANDRAKE 8.2 w/o X. This was the best MANDRAKE
system ever at its launch time. Do not remember that this was compiled
for 486 or Pentium, but can check for you.

Other choise is a REDHAT 6.x with recompiled kernel, etc. for 486.
However you can find Old Pentium boards for nothing today, so better to
grab one instead of spending time get system up and running.

Regards... Bela, HA5DI