[Dxspider-support] DXSpider Enhancements

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 13:05:47 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 02:52 -0800, Lee Sawkins wrote:
> Hi Dirk.
>
> 3 letter KG4 calls show as being in Guantanamo Bay.

This is probably getting a bit beyond the horizon. If KG4x and KG4xx are
Guantanamo but KG4xxx is actually W4 (except when it isn't, because it's
a vanity call) - then to cope I will have to completely rewrite the
code. Charlie's mods to include USDB info would seem to fix this.

A more generic solution seems to be overkill for this one case. However,
if there are more instances (ie when the longer call is actually in the
generic prefix and the shorter one is in the special case, as opposed to
the other way around) - then I suppose I had better hear about them now.

Dirk G1TLH