[Dxspider-support] Sending DX Spots via UI packets...

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Tue Dec 21 16:07:50 GMT 2004

JG1VGX asked how to send DX spots as UI packets with DX Spider.

Rin JG1VGX you are in luck!

Since you are using AGWPE you can use a stand alone program UI-DX Bridge
by Andy Pritchard M0CYP:

http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/addon_agw.htm#uidx

That program (which is at revision v1.1.2 - but I am not sure that the
latest version is on Andy's web page - he updated it for me) connects to
a cluster (your own for example) via telnet and also to your instance
AGWPE and sends UI packets for each DX spot.  In UI-DX you can specify
the 'via' route for the UI packets.  I have in the past sent my UI-DX
packets via TRACE2-2 for example.  Currently I am sending them here via
NULL as I don't at the moment want any surrounding digi's to actually
repeat them.

It's unwise to allow too much range (i.e. Wide2-2 for example) as you
will probably get complaints that you are using too much of the aprs
radio network time.

Copy to Andy Pritchard M0CYP

73....Ron, N5IN