[Dxspider-support] ugh... new problem

Klaus Heintzenberg dj6rx at t-online.de
Tue Dec 21 17:49:13 GMT 2004

> When the cluster detects a duplicate call trying to connect the best
> solution would be for the cluster to allow this connection and to
> disconnect the older one.

> Many of my users get disconnected by their ISPs from time to time.

> Lee

> Dan Bookwalter wrote:
>>
>> Ok... i have put a new router in to hopefully cure the
>> problem i was having yesterday with some people having
>> problems with dropped connections when the cluster was
>> kind of inactive (not many spots flying around)...
>>
>> now today i have experienced the opposite problem... i
>> have a couple of people whose ISP drops them from time
>> to time. when this happens DXSpider keeps them
>> connected and they can't re-connect until they get
>> dropped some time later i am assuming.
>>
>> any way to solve this ??
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Dan N8DCJ

Hi Lee,

yes, we have that situation too. T-online, my ISP, does shutoff my DSL once
in 24 hour. Just for a second or so. Just enough to give me a new IP and
destroy all links to all Internet users and nodes,

Then my node tries to reconnect to the neighbor nodes and sure gets rejected
until the neighbor machines detect the dead links. It takes about ten
minutes until the dead ones are removed and my node is permitted to
reconnect. My way out is to connect an Internet node which we only connect
for these 10 minutes + some Packet links.

Seasons Greetings

73, Klaus

mailto:dj6rx at web.de