[Dxspider-support] Node List

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 22:09:30 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 13:42 -0800, Lee Sawkins wrote:
> Thanks to Chuck, K6PBT, there is available a file containing a list of
> AR Cluster and Dx Spider nodes.  There are about 275 nodes in this
> list.  It can be obtained from
> http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/default.htm#download.
> Any corrections go to Chuck directly.
>
> I notice that very few of the Dx Spider nodes have implemented "sh/mydx"
> and even fewer of them have implemented the latest updates.

I am not convinced that Chuck's list is that up to date. Mind you, my
experience is that there has never been anything approaching an up to
date list. And it is probably a near impossible task to achieve.

The latest updates have come out rather quietly because I did not want
to inflame people's passions by pre-announcing all the work that you
have been doing to integrate my stuff with yours.

Oops...

As for versions, a surprising number of people keep up to date with CVS
(given the initial pain, particularly for Windows users).

The support list has 257 members currently. The majority of members, I
imagine, are node sysops. Several, I know, have more than one node. So
275 nodes is a good effort, but probably not very accurate.

I suspect that when I have finished the Prefix work and brought it all
up to date completely with the latest cty.dat, I will make an
announcement and a lot of people will then upgrade. Should have done it
all before CQWW/SSB really but the cty.dat did not come out until the
week or so before the contest and I was very busy then. I see it has
been updated again since.

Dirk G1TLH