[Dxspider-support] Re: Sending DX Spots via UI packets...

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Dec 23 15:49:04 GMT 2004

Sending DX Spots via UI packets using UI-DX Bridge does not require
UI-View32.

All that is needed is AGWPE and UIDX.  I created a folder in the
Programs directory which I called UIDX and in that I have all the UIDX
files including uidx.exe.  Then I set up AGWPE to load and start
uidx.exe.  This is done using the 'startup program option' window in
AGWPE, where you enter the full path to uidx.exe.  AGWPE will start UIDX
after AGWPE is up and running, which is exactly what you want.

You must do the set up of UIDX such as the address of the dxcluster you
will connect to and other basic information.  The set up screen for UIDX
will guide you through this.

My only warning to you is that if you send UI DXpackets on your national
APRS frequency you may get some justified complaints!  Where I live the
frequency is pretty quiet, and even then I only send the packets with a
'via route of NULL' so that they are not repeated beyond a limited range.

Also Andy, M0CYP,  the author of UIDX, has confirmed that the version on
his web page is the newest version 1.1.2.  Here it is:

http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/addon_agw.htm#uidx

Ron, N5IN