[Dxspider-support] DX Cluster Web Interface?

Arnold Bosch (EA1CYZ) ea1cyz at ea1cyz.net
Fri Feb 13 20:33:37 GMT 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:56:30 +0000
David Humble <dhumble at taurus2.plus.com> wrote:

> Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.47 (Mandrake Linux/1.1mdk)
> mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/4.3.1
>
> What is the best solution for this please.  I want people to be able to
> access the Web-based interface both via the URL
> http://gb7imk.ampr.org/webconvers/ and
> http://taurus2.plus.com/webconvers/.  Whilst the JavaApplets start for
> both, when coming in via http://taurus2.plus.com/webconvers/ the 'Connect'
> button does nothing.
>
> Now, I had to add '$HOSTNAME = "gb7imk.ampr.org" ;' to spider.cgi else it
> wouldn't work at all.

David,

According to the comment in the spider.cgi file this seems not to be
possible.

<quote>

# Please note that the HOSTNAME MUST be resolvable from the user end. Otherwise
the
# web interface will NOT work.
# Uncomment and set the hostname manually here if the above fails.

</quote>

Since the ampr.org address is not reachable from Internet and the
Internet address  not reachable from Ampr-net this seems to be
impossible.

Solutions two copies of spider.cgi, one that if called from Internet
refers to taurus2.plus.com and one that if called from Ampr-Net refers
to gb7imk.ampr.org (the HOSTNAME parameter)

For now that is the only solution I see.

'73 Arnold EA1CYZ / PA4AB

Pd. Of course you could also modify the spider.cgi code so that it looks
for the client hostname. if the client hostname is an Ampr-Net address
the HOSTNAME variable in spider.cgi needs to be an Ampr-Net address, if
not a Internet hostname.