[Dxspider-support] Not seeing DX spots...

Darren G0TSM spider at g0tsm.com
Sat Feb 14 11:56:48 GMT 2004

At 09:32 14/02/2004, Rod Taylor wrote:
>G'Day all,
>
>Thanks to Charlie, k1xx, I am now getting DX info from the two other nodes.
>However when I login as a user I don't see any of those spots. I thought they
>would have automatically started listing but they don't appear to. I have
>tried "sh/dx" but that doesn't seem to work either.

Is this the time thing again?, time needs to be set to utc. Or, have the
two nodes you are connecting to set your node as a node?. Otherwise
your node will be connected as a user. Are the spots being sent to your
node as:  DX de G0TSM   7070.0    JA2XXX  0900Z or as
PC11^7010.0^JA2XXX^14-Feb-2004^0900^ ^G0TSM^GB7EDX^

If you telnet into your own cluster you should see more than:  1 node, 1
local / 1 total users

>Also, I can't find where to set the "sysop" password. Any pointers would be
>greatly appreciated.

You set the sysop alias callsign in \local\DXVars.pm
then I think if you are accessing your cluster from the same machine
it's:  set/password yourpassword
but if you accessing your cluster from another machine it's: set/password
vk3xrw yourpassword

Darren G0TSM

GB7EDX DX Cluster
telnet://gb7edx.com