[Dxspider-support] Re: Version number confusion?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 11:50:08 GMT 2004

This is very difficult. Basically you either follow the releases and
hope that I get it right (sometimes a vain hope as the latest one has
shown) or you follow CVS for the 'bleeding edge'. Experience has shown
that CVS is usually fairly stable and it has the strong advantage that
if something isn't right it gets fixed pretty quickly.

I strongly advise anybody that wants to keep reasonably up to date to
either get onto CVS (instructions are in the documentation) or use
CVSlatest.tgz which is only one day behind.

I do 'releases' very rarely now because, to me, this is an organic
program that is there to respond to user demand.

Dirk=20