[Dxspider-support] ax25 connects???

Ron ke7rt at clearwater.net
Tue Jan 27 23:45:00 GMT 2004

I am trying to get DX Spider running under Linux and am having trouble with
local users being disco'd thru AX25????

TEST NUMBER 1
When a localuser attempts to connect to the cluster he will get the message
"ke7rt busy" and is disconnected. However, at about the same time the
cluster will output the log-on message----(so Spider is responding??)

On the cluster machine on the terminal screen that started the cluster
(./cluster.pl) I can see the same logon message being sent to the local user

On a listen terminal I can see the ax25 port??????  Sending the DM frame to
the local user.

TEST NUMBER 2

I  try to connect to the local user (using call spider localuser) and can
connect and send data to him all day long.   The first time he attempts to
send data to me he gets disconnected by the ax25 port????

TEST NUMBER 3

I connect to a local THENET node (using call spider thenet)  successfully
and can send data both ways all day long.  Then if I tell the node to
connect to the localuser (C localuser) it will connect and both  the local
user and the Linux machine can send data all day long.

MY CONFIG:

	in ax25d.conf:

		[KE7RT  via spider]
		default * * * * * * -  sysop /spider/src/client client %u ax25

 	in axports:

		spider KE7RT 9600 255 7 backbone

?????? I think the cluster is configured and working correctly but am not
sure about the ax25 configuration but  I sure can not find a suspect. Can
anyone point in a direction????

Tnx   Ron