[Dxspider-support] User filters

Dave Hawes dave.n3rd at comcast.net
Wed Jun 2 02:43:13 BST 2004

On 1 Jun 2004 at 21:17, charlie carroll wrote:

> A couple questions...
> Has anyone else noticed that user spot filters do not take effect until
> the user disconnects and then reconnects?  I thought they took effect
> immediately.

I have never seen this, either as a user/sysop or as reported by any
users in our network here in the Philadephia area.  Of course, I
could be missing something.  :-)

> Second, wasn't there a discussion of a change to allow a user's filters
> to be applied when a user does a sh/dx?  Whatever happened to this one?

I recall this thread, and I think there was some agreement that this
would be a good idea, provided that there was a way to invoke the
"standard" sh/dx.  I still think this is a good idea.

73 - Dave N3RD