[Dxspider-support] RE SH/SAT

Steven Franke s-franke at uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 6 04:09:09 BST 2004

Tony,
If the message that includes the new keps has AMSAT in the subject and
is in the normal 2 line format (like those issued by Dirk), then the
original, unmodified "load/keps 1733" should work without Tom's
modification. If it does have AMSAT in the header, and if you loaded
Tom's modified script, then I'd expect "load/keps" not to work.

Also, occasionally, new commands added in the /local_cmd/ branch are
not automatically picked up. So it is a good idea to issue
"load/cmd_cache" whenever you modify a command. A restart would have
the same effect.

Finally, note that if you update the Keps.pm database manually from a
shell using the convkeps.pl script, you have the option of using the -c
flag, which clears the database before writing the new one. Before
trying this, I'd backup the old /spider/local/Keps.pm...

Good luck, Steve K9AN