[Dxspider-support] RE SH/SAT

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 15:02:20 BST 2004

Continued...

As Steve has said: the actual keps data is kept in
/spider/local/Keps.pm. If this file does not exist it is copied from the
basic one in /spider/perl/Keps.pm. I occasionally update the basic one
and it is probably about time I did it again.

One of the things you can do "start afresh", which is a bit complicated,
but would work is this:-

1) Find an amsat keps message that works either with convkeps.pl or
   load/keps <msgno>.
2) Take the /spider/local/Keps.pm file and edit it.

   It starts like this:-

#
# this file is automatically produced by convkeps.pl
#
# Last update: Sat Nov 16 13:29:36 2002
#

package Sun;

%keps = (
  'SO-33' => {
    orbit => '21143',
    elset => '712',
    argperigee => '175.4711',
    epoch => '2317.50184536',
    bstar => '0.00022367',
    number => '98061',
    raan => '341.2463',
    mm1 => '1.174e-05',
    meanmotion => '14.27197772',
    mm2 => '0',
    id => '25509',
    meananomaly => '184.9282',
    eccentricity => '0.0358296',
    inclination => '31.4313'
  },
  'RS-10/11' => {
    orbit => '77123',
    elset => '169',
    argperigee => '127.9491',
    epoch => '2317.78523508',
    bstar => '0.00012808',
    number => '87054',
    raan => '218.1142',
    mm1 => '1.33e-06',
    meanmotion => '13.72687186',
    mm2 => '0',
    id => '18129',
    meananomaly => '232.2759',
    eccentricity => '0.0012189',
    inclination => '82.9278'
  },

  ..

  ..
);

   Edit so it looks like this:-

#
# this file is automatically produced by convkeps.pl
#
# Last update: Sat Nov 16 13:29:36 2002
#

package Sun;
%keps = ();

   (actually you only need the last 2 lines)

3) do a load/keps (this clears out the current set completely)
4) do a load/keps <msgno> or a convkeps.pl <filename>

You should now have a clean set of satellites.