[Dxspider-support] mail forwarding

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at avalon.net
Fri Mar 26 20:54:33 GMT 2004

I am attempting to replace my AK1A node with a DXSpider node.  My AK1A node
connects to the Midwest cluster through N3RA.  I run limited protcol with
N3RA and therefore I never receive user connect (PC16) packets.  When  I try
to send mail from the spider node (which I connect to my AK1A node) to a
node three hops away, the mail is never forwarded from the spider node.  The
addressee is known to the spider node, as is his homenode.  That node is
seen by spider (SH/CONFIG).  But unless the spider node sees a PC16 for that
particular user, it will not forward the message.

Is this by design, or have I got something misconfigured?  Is there some way
to manually nudge the system to forward the message to the next node?

Oh yes, I'm testing version 1.51, build 57.261

    Tom   WB8ZRL