[Dxspider-support] Automated Command

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Fri May 7 12:50:26 BST 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 07:19:05AM -0400, A.J. Cioffi wrote:
> Can one create a command to be run once a week?  For example, my system does
> an update once a week.  Just before it does the update and reboot, I would
> like the cluster to issue a "disconnect" to stations that are connected
> rather than the system dumping due to the reboot process.

You can use a crontab file in /spider/local_cmd.  The format is the
same as for a system crontab (see 'man 5 crontab').  Unfortunately I
don't think there is a way to use wildcards rather than specific
callsigns with the disconnect command.  You could send an ANN to inform
locally-connected stations that you are rebooting however.

Bob, N7XY