[Dxspider-support] SH/LOCKOUT ALL

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 12:25:58 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 00:06 -0500, Hank Kohl K8DD wrote:
> At 11/16/2004 11:30 PM, you wrote:
>

> >Hello, List!
> >the bands being dead is a terrible thing, just makes me poke around the
> >cluster a little more
> >
> >anywho...
> >i did a sh/lockout all
> >and i got over 600 calls
> >
> >why? i did'nt lockout anyone..
> >is this compiled from all the other clusters?
> >how to clean this item up if needed? i don't want anyone locked out..
> >YET!

All the ones that you don't know about (ie didn't do yourselves) are
node calls.

This is a feature put in, by request, a long time ago. It stops any
node, that has been attached elsewhere (and sending out a PC19 that has
been successfully recognised at your node), from then connecting without
your permission, to your node. A new node (as in formerly unknown)
coming in on a PC19 is stored in the user file as a node (type 'A' =
AK1A) and then locked out.

Actually, this has some commonality with the issue of passwords and
who/what/when sets them.

Perhaps now is a good time to revisit all of this both for users and
nodes?

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>