[Dxspider-support] Curses install problems on RedHat 9.0

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at avalon.net
Tue Sep 7 02:30:06 BST 2004

I am trying to get DXspider running on a newly installed redhat 9.0 system.
Curses-1.06 will not compile without errors.

The kernel is Linux version 2.4.20, perl is  v5.8.0 built for
i386-linux-thread-multi, and I have spider version 1.51 (build 58.3).  I
loaded redhat without X, but with the development tools.

As I was installing spider, create_sysop.pl failed because DB_File was not
on the system.  I found it, installed it, and finished installing spider.
DXspider seems to run fine, as long as I use src/client instead of
perl/console.pl.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Am I missing some library because I did
not install X?

    tnx/73   Tom  WB8ZRL