[Dxspider-support] CVS version

Brendan EI6IZ ei6iz at newsguy.com
Fri Sep 10 10:36:38 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 09:08 +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Have you done:-
>
> $ cd /spider
> $ cvs login
> password: <cr>
>
> first?

Yes.

> You only need to do this once, but you DO have to do this. Oh and are
> you using the latest CVSlatest.tgz from the download page, because the
> tarballs probably have the old SF cvs path on them.

That's the problem! Hugh has sent me the instructions for updating this

Instructions are as follows and additionally I would advise care
regarding file ownership if one is a root junkie such as myself..

$ cd /spider
$ tar cfz /tmp/spider-backup.tgz .
$ cp CVS/Root newRoot

edit newRoot so that it says:

:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dxspider

$ find . -name Root -exec cp newRoot {} \; -print

and that will update all the Root files and print the ones that it did.

--
Brendan EI6IZ <ei6iz at newsguy.com>