[Dxspider-support] QRZ lookups

Darren G0TSM spider at g0tsm.com
Fri Sep 17 13:53:29 BST 2004

I'm sure if the fee wasn't silly then it shouldn't be a problem. The QSL
info held on QRZ.com is quite valuable to most DXers. I use it constantly
as it's apart of my station logging program.
I've just had a look through my Cluster logs, in the last year no more than
half a dozen different users have used the SH/QRZ command, and they all
should know it's there as the command was listed on log-in.

If Dirk asked for $15us per year per Cluster node to carry on developing
Spider how many would jump ship and go to one of the other free
programs?.   ;-)

73 Darren

At 11:57 17/09/2004, Tony wrote:
>Dirk,
>
>It is tremendously appreciated that you are working on the issue.  But don't
>you think it would be a good idea if we(our entire network)could be self
>sufficient on this particular issue?  We wouldn't have a "possible fee"
>hanging over our heads.  Just a suggestion and we have folks stepping
>forward.  The only issue I see is the foreign database unless others have it
>available.

Darren Collins G0TSM
Southampton UK
SysOp GB7EDX DX Cluster