[Dxspider-support] Multicast IP

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 08:04:48 BST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 09:00 +0100, Frank Johnson wrote:
> Dirk, I noticed that you have reserved a multicast IP address for
> Dxcluster..
>
> 224.0.0.35 DXCLUSTER                                     [Koopman]
>
> What plans are there to impliment this in the future ?

There are no concrete plans. There are gleams in my eye, but nothing
fixed or definite. Part of the problem is that it fairly difficult to
get oneself into a position where an ISP will pass your MC traffic. Most
block it (or only allow it inbound).

This was a place holder. There is a new protocol being worked on
actively that could be the basis of a multicast system.

Dirk G1TLH