[Dxspider-support] talk messages not being received

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 14:32:44 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 16:40 -0500, Alan D. Snyder wrote:
> Hi
>
> When someone is locally connected to my node and sends me a talk
> message, I don't receive it.  It used to work, but haven't upgrade
> version in a while
>
> running DXSpider V1.51 build 59.374
>
> Have issued 'set/talk' and 'set/anntalk' but to no avail
>
> The debug files show the incoming talk message request, but nil for
> what should be the propagated outgoing
>
> Any ideas?

None at all. There isn't really any information here to diagnose the
problem. I understand that you have fixed the problem by restarting the
node. However, that would not explain why it happened in the first
place. In principle: there is no state retained in talk messages that a
restart would fix.

What version of perl are you running? In a shell, do:

  $ perl -v

Generally if you want to diagnose a protocol issue of this kind, it is
worth doing a:

  set/debug chanerr

This will output messages to the debug log as to why certain messages
are ignored, you can stop these (rather verbose) extra messages by doing
a:

  unset/debug chanerr