[Dxspider-support] BADWORDS again

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 13:02:20 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 17:47 +0100, Robert Chalmas wrote:
> Just saw this announcement:
>
> To ALL de GM3MOU: 3789 muppet show alias g0nvd gm3mou pa0gmw IDIOTS.......
>
> Dirk, can you do something so that the badwords filter
> works properly ? This means ignore non alphanumeric characters
> just before or after the badword to reject.

I believe this is now fixed. There is a side effect of this change that
means that you will have to enter the plural version of the badword (in
your local language :-) as well as the singular. This change has been
brought about because, after all this time, I have noticed that people
speak languages other than English and plurals don't all end in 's'...

Any comments about the fact that I should have known this already 'cos I
speak one of the non-English languages in question - will get a filthy
look!

I am also starting to stitch in (optional, but currently
non-operational) SQL code and I am hoping that this will not break
anything. Please let me know if it does.

Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>