[Dxspider-support] Connection Script

Dave Wilson n4dw at chartertn.net
Sun Dec 25 22:01:12 GMT 2005

Hi,

Looking at your script, I don't recognize the "hideout" command, but then I
don't sit & read the manual all day, everyday.

I can force a connect to a user, if he is listening, by using the following:

timeout 45
abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)
# the '2' is the AGW port number to connect thru for W4BCU
connect agw 2 W4BCU
'Connected to W4BCU'  ' '

The 45 after timeout is in seconds and can be adjusted to your needs.

When we had a digi in the area, the following worked as a connect through
the digi:

 timeout 45
 abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)
 # the '2' is the AGW port number to connect thru for W4CBX
 connect agw 2 tridx
 'C, DXC or digipeat through TRIDX to N1HEJ dx cluster.' 'connect W4CBX'
 #'Failure with W4CBX' 'Bye'
 'Connected to W4CBX'  ' '

Not sure the 'Failure with W4CBX' 'Bye' ever really worked as I had it
commented out.

The  'C, DXC or digipeat through TRIDX to N1HEJ dx cluster.'  was the digi
"connected" message I was looking for before attempting the next connect.

Hope this helps.

73,
Dave
N4DW, sysop of N1HEJ