[Dxspider-support] RE: Error starting DXSpider after CVS

Dave Edwards dave at g7rau.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 17:50:16 GMT 2005

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:39:19 +0000
> From: Darren G0TSM <spider at g0tsm.com>
> Subject: RE: [Dxspider-support] Error starting DXSpider after CVS
> To: yv5lix at yv5lix.org.ve,	The DXSpider Support list
> 	<dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
>
> Thanks to Lee for the help with this.
> You need to add this file...
>
> http://www.gb7edx.com/hello.pm
>
> into the directory   \spider\perl\Thingy\
>
> I'm on: DX Spider Cluster version 1.51 (build 59.33) on MSWin32
>
> The only problem I get now is the same as what Leo said, the prompt has
> changed to:    de [clustername]
> I had to add a line in the \scripts\default_user to get the complete prompt
> back.
>
> Darren
>

> At 13:10 31/01/2005, you wrote:
> >Hello Darren,
> >
> >After analyzing the error message I edited the file Msg.pm and REM lines 21
> >and 22 and DXSpider started (se below); now I would like to know what Thingy
> >is and why I had to REM those to lines, it is obvious that DXSpider can't
> >locate Thingy but what is Thingy? And what it does?
> >
> >use Msg;
> >use DXVars;
> >use DXUtil;
> >use DXDebug;
> >use Aranea;
> >use Verify;
> >use DXLog;
> >#use Thingy;
> >#use Thingy::Hello;
> >
> >Have a nice afternoon.
> >
> >73/DX Jose M. Valdes R. (Joe) YV5LIX

Hi All
I am running Win 2003 server, TortoiseCVS 1.8.11, perl, v5.8.6 and I
updated to spider 59.33 the other day with none of the errors that
have been noted in the last digest. So I do not think it is a windows
error.
BTW I use tortoise as installed, it seems to do the business without
problems. I update a copy of spider on my machine (winXP) then stop
my cluster on the server and blast the copy over my dxc then restart
it. Minimal downtime but I prefer to stop then do this then restart
so I can alert users that the cluster is going down a while b4 it
does.

Regards de Dave (G7RAU-9)
Dave Edwards (G7RAU)
dave at g7rau.co.uk