[Dxspider-support] GB7DJK

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 12:09:48 GMT 2005

Could I remind everyone that the correct, normative, address for GB7DJK
is: gb7djk.dxcluster.net port 7300.

PLEASE (please) don't use any other address.

PLEASE (please) use the dns system to resolve this address. In
particular: PLEASE look at (the equivalent of) /etc/hosts and make sure
that you have not hard coded an IP address in there for gb7djk.

GB7DJK has moved (again). The box that it now on has better
connectivity. Unfortunately, this process has failed once and I had to
move it back.

This may occur again or, if I get hacked off with it, moved somewhere
else. If you do not use the correct address in the correct way, viz (in
your connect scripts):

connect telnet gb7djk.dxcluster.net 7300

then you will lose service.

Hopefully this will mean that gb7djk is not up and down like a yo-yo
anymore as my ADSL connection keeps going down and not resetting
automatically.

Dirk G1TLH