[Dxspider-support] Spider-web

Eric Carling eric at g0cgl.f2s.com
Sun Feb 13 15:59:29 GMT 2005

Surely though that is what you will get if you try a HTTP request to the
Spider telnet port. The HTTP request needs to go to the webserver not the
cluster.

The command of a HTTP request is GET/HTTP/1.1  and that is being interpreted
as an invalid login because its going to Spider, that expects a callsign,
and not the webserver. If the server is on the default port of 80, then a
port reference is not required in the spider.cgi address (as per the top
example).