[Dxspider-support] WPX Database Updates

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 18:22:05 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 07:10 +0000, Klaus Heintzenberg wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> Here is a prefix update. Please update the database
>
> KH8SI =  Swains Island  (NEW DXCC Entity)
>
> See: http://www.swains-island.org/

Well. I have put the new entity in but it appears that they are using
their club callsign:-

sh/qrz kh8si

     Name: AMERICAN SAMOA AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION
     Addr1: PO BOX 1618
     Addr2: PAGO PAGO, AS 967991618
   Country: USA
     Class: Club    Codes: HVBF
    Issued: 2004-04-28    Exp: 2014-04-28

So picking it up correctly is going to be a bit of a problem. I have, as
a (probably) temporary measure allocated KH8S* as Swains Island which I
have defined as KH8/S in wpxloc.raw.

> and
>

> TO4Gxx for Glorioso

Done.

I have also put in a probable fix for all these duplicate spots, with
rewritten times, that have been going around for the last day or so. We
have not yet found the source of these, but I think I have stopped them
bothering us. But I am monitoring the situation 'cos I have not seen
that many of them.

The situation now is that time of spot is not taken into account at all
for duping purposes. A spotter now has to either change the frequency or
the comment within any one hour period to get another spot for a
particular callsign on the system. This is potentially configurable but,
in some ways, is less drastic than the old system which seems to have
only allowed one go in three hours whether you change the comment or
not.

Another side benefit is that there is less processing involved now as
well.