[Dxspider-support] Which Linux System is best with DxSpider?

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Mon Jan 3 02:59:10 GMT 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:17:40PM -0500, Jim Snider wrote:

> I current am running Fedora Core 1 but I have run Mandrake 10 too.  Any
> comments on which is the best linux to run DxSpider?
>
> My past experience was with CLX running on a RedHat system many years
> ago and now I have cablemodem here at home and want to start up another
> node.

Without getting into what is tantamount to a discussion of comparative
religion, I suspect that any distribution will work just fine.

I prefer Debian, mainly because it is what I am used to, but also it has
the necessary ax25, mkiss, etc., modules built into its kernels (not the
one which is used for installation, but downloadable packages) as well
as packages for nearly all the needed CPAN Perl modules (and a neat
module builder--dh-make-perl--in case you find some which are not
included).

73, Bob N7XY