[Dxspider-support] Dx Spider & ARC same computer.

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 12 09:07:24 GMT 2005

For anyone who is interested, I am running Dx Spider (VE7CC-1) and AR
Cluster (VE7CC) in the same computer.  Win 2000 Pro.  Athlon 1600+ with
256 MB of RAM.  High speed cable internet.

I am using AGWPE with 4 ports.  3 radio ports and one RS-232 link to an
XFBB Linux computer and its 4 radio ports.  AGW can be shared between
the two cluster applications.  It allows radio users to connect to
either Cluster.  To connect to Spider they connect to VE7CC-1, to
connect to ARC they connect to VE7CC.  Other applications could also use
these radio ports.

I have web cluster access to both Spider and ARC.  Running Web Weaver.
Thanks to Eric G0CGL for helping me to get the web interface going.
This server also delivers some html pages.

I wrote an application that goes between a cluster and the Internet.  It
completely prevents the "you are already connected" problem.  When it
detects the same call trying to reconnect, it will disconnect the old
link.  This application allows remote monitoring of any user connecton
to the cluster.  It also allows locking out of specific IP addresses.  I
am running two instances of this program in the computer.

I am also running another program I wrote called AR User.  It connects
to my AR Cluster and once per hour scans the message data base and
compares unread mail to the current users.  If it finds a match, it
sends them a talk messages telling them to read their mail.  It also
detects incoming Dx Spots where the spotted dx is a current user.  It
will send that user a talk message with the dx spot in it. This is in
case the user has his spot filters set to reject spots from the area
where he was spotted from.  As soon as I have time I will modify this
program to do the same with Dx Spider users.

Running both cluster applications in the same machine allows direct
speed comparison between them.  Dx Spider seems to be at least 20 times
faster looking up Dx spots.  Typically 0.1 seconds vs over 2 seconds.
Better filtering too!

http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc

Lee VE7CC