[Dxspider-support] New feature request

Dave EI3IO EI3IO at connogue.com
Thu Jan 13 15:16:10 GMT 2005

Dirk and All
A happy new year to you all. A small request if you are thinking about
tackling the announce question; would it be possible to have a middle
road between announce and announce/full for example announce EI which
would only go to stations connected to EI nodes. Perhaps this could be
done with filters and an alias but not sure about that. Any other views?
73s Dave

Luigi - IK5ZUK wrote:

> Hi Dirk and all !
>
> Now we can see unfortunately more frequently that the "Announce Full"
> message is used instead of the "talk" command; this for several reasons,
> less or more right but more often wrong.
>
> Dirk, in order to prevent this, is possible to add a new variable, like
> the "$main::allowdxby" so that sysops can switch off (or on) on the
> fly the "Announce" (Full and Local) command ??
>
> 73 de Luigi, ik5zuk

This Email comes from Dave Court - EI3IO, G3SDL, OZ3SDL
QTH (Grid) Locator - IO63WF
Web Site: http://EI3IO.com
EI7SDX:SHANDX DX packet cluster web site: http://shandx.ath.cx
Cluster Access telnet://shandx.ath.cx:5000
Node Access telnet://shandx.ath.cx:7400
QSL address: 'Connogue', River Lane, Shankill, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Skype Username: Connogue or Connport
Fax: +353 1 272 2059
Professional Web Site: http://connogue.com