[Dxspider-support] CVS Update?

scarroll at mchsi.com scarroll at mchsi.com
Thu Jan 13 15:32:03 GMT 2005

Dirk,

I'm running the MSWin version of DX Spider, currently 58.317. In the past, I've
downloaded the latest CVS directly via the DXCLUSTER.ORG website. So, this
morning I attempted a downloaded and instead of the file being CVSlatest.tgz,
it was CVSlatest.gz

I know nothing about Unix or Linux, but it wasn't possible to use WinZip on
the .gz extension. So, I renamed the file to .tgz vice .gz to see if that would
work. While it appeared to extract the files into the normal Spider
directories, when I started the node it was still version 58.317 and not 58.323
as expected.

What am I doing wrong? I hate to ask this question, seeing as I've done this a
dozen times previously. Is it me, or the correct file (.tgz) isn't in the right
place?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait to try the "Mail Pending" feature, something
I've been awaiting for a long while.

73, Steve - K2SC