[Dxspider-support] Re: [Cluster-tech] DXSpider problem

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 22:35:26 GMT 2005

Egidio

Please use the dxspider-support mailing, not this one [cluster-tech].

However.

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 22:53 +0100, Egidio Settimio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently I make the download of the last DxSpider release, on my
> client PC I have the perl 5.1.6-635 and I added
> the 5 modules to run the cluster.
> All seem to be ok but when I try to lunch the daemon cluster.pl using
> the command perl cluster.pl from the spider perl directory
> I rx this kind of error:
>
>  "EINPROGRESS" is not exported by the Errno module
> at /spider/perl/Msg.pm line 56
>
> "EWOULDBLOCK" is not exported by the Errno module
> at /spider/perl/Msg.pm line 56

This normal on Windows. You will always get it. It is an FAQ.

> Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
> DXSpider Version 1.51, build 57.263 started
> US Database not loaded
> starting listeners ...
> IO::Socket::INET: Bad protocol 'tcp'
> Could not create socket: Unknown error
>         Msg::new_server('IntMsg', 'localhost', 27754,
> 'CODE(0x2094128)') called
> at cluster.pl line 433
> Could not create socket: Unknown error
>
> Please is there someone that could help me to resolve this kind of
> problem??
>
> Note: I'm using Win XP SP2 under Pentium III 866 256 Ram

The clue is SP2. I expect it has that port firewalled off. You will need
to unfirewall. Someone else will have to help you with that bit as I
don't have a windows box here at the moment.

You will need to open up port 7300 if you want the standard access port
to be used as well, I expect.