[Dxspider-support] Info please

Brendan Minish EI6IZ ei6iz at newsguy.com
Sat Jan 15 23:56:57 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 00:34 +0100, Robert Chalmas wrote:
> > Can same user of DXSpider can explain to me this command, need this,
> > i'll want to send every hour an announcement like this IZ6FZS DX Speider
> > Telnet at telnet://iz6fzs.dyndns.org:9000
>
> Please don't do that !
> This would be just cluster pollution.

Cluster pollution is already becoming a nuisance. On the hour every hour
I see several announces of this nature coming through EI7MRE

We don't really need to announce clusters on the cluster system, after
all the users who get to see the announces for your cluster are already
on the cluster system. Usually users are already connected via their
best option, a local RF or Internet cluster

Please don't degrade the announcement system any further by making
automated announcements every hour, Imagine if every cluster did this

How about a filter in DXspider that spots the same ANN message from a
cluster (not a user) within 24 Hours and drops these ann messages so
that we can start to filter out some of this automated ANN traffic  ?

73
Brendan EI6IZ