[Dxspider-support] Info please

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Sun Jan 16 08:42:18 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 01:02 +0100, IZ6FZS Mirko wrote:
> I don't know if you are read the last msg, see it ok ?? TNX I undetsand i'm
> new only i'm not stupid!!!
Hi Mirko,
I don't think anyone thinks you are stupid. Your message was responded
to by different people around the same time.  You have inadvertently hit
on something close to a lot of sysops hearts.  I too do not see why
sysops find the need to advertise their node on the cluster system.  If
it is a new node then a mail to 'all' would probably suffice, or maybe
an announce a couple of times a day for a few days.  At one time, spider
filtered these messages as dupes until sysops got wise and started
adding the time field to their announces so they look like a different
message.

Regards

Ian

Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
Running Linux and DXSpider | K2 #4044

Find out about Summits on the Air!
Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk