[Dxspider-support] Info please

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 15:58:13 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 16:46 +0100, IZ5FSA wrote:
> I think that the best way to control ANN FULL is to manage a setting on
> the user definition and by default set this switch to OFF... leaving
> sysops free to control ANN spammers users and nodes... and at least
> isolate them at all!

There is a perfectly servicable means of doing this already with
filters. Setting a user_default and node_default input and output filter
will allow sysops to do exactly what they want.

Users can already switch off announces using the unset/announce command.

I will think about the consequences of a global switch, but want to be
clear in my mind what that is to do and how (and if) it should (or will)
affect traffic going the node.