[Dxspider-support] sue-7 running agn

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 12:56:51 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:25 +0100, DG8LAV wrote:
> Thanks Dirk,
>
> >Zitat von Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>:
> > Sorry to bang on about this but it is important to do the substitution
> > only if you have a CVS updated installation.
> > Installations that use CVSlatest.tgz are NOT affected.
>

> that means, that i have to update my perl installion which is a very
> old one (This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i586-linux).
>
> After a update to >= 5.008 i can use the cvs tree again? I prefer
> cvs against the tarball.

I would recommend using perl 5.8.1+, if this is a simple option, for
anyone.

Having said that DXSpider will work with perl 5.005_03 with the modified
DXCommandmode.pm I sent out. It will continue to work with CVS in the
future (unless I trip over something else that is not downward
compatible).

The only reason I have sent a modified module out is because SF CVS is
being *very* slow and the version of DXCommandmode.pm in CVS has this
bug that only affects perl < 5.8.0. This is just an interim fix for
people with broken systems, wait for SF CVS to start working again.

It *is* fixed in developer CVS, it has been fixed since 22:20 Friday.
you just can't get it from anonymous CVS yet, through circumstances
beyond my control or influence. I would interested to know when the new
stuff becomes available.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>