[Dxspider-support] Changes in retrieving Kepler elements fromNORAD/Celestrack

David Spoelstra davids at mediamachine.com
Tue Jan 18 03:51:35 GMT 2005

> if you update the 2LE for the different satellites by using the
> Celestrack/NORAD website you can expect some changes in the near future.
> Ie. retrieving the data will require a registration.

And, what's worse, is that according to the user agreement at
http://www.space-track.org/perl/new_account.pl

"The user agrees not to transfer any data, including, but not limited to,
the analysis of tracking data, or other information received through
this website or any services described herein to any third party without
the prior express approval of the Secretary of Defense or his delegatee."

"Violations of those restrictions will be referred to appropriate legal
authorities for enforcement/prosecution."

>From the way I read that, you will *not* be allowed to distribute the TLEs
through your packet cluster.

-David, N9KT