[Dxspider-support] install problems

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at avalon.net
Sun Jan 30 04:38:16 GMT 2005

A bit of background.  I changed from AK1A to DXSpider about 7 weeks ago.
The platform is running RH 9.0 and has been crashing after 1-8 days.  AX25
interrupts are the supposed problem.  Responses to questions have led me to
try to install Mandrake 10.1 on another computer.

I keep finding modules missing from the mandrake system that are on the rh
system.  The first was soundmodem.h which was needed by ax25-tools.  I ended
up stealing it from the rh system and putting it in /usr/import/linux.
ax25-tools at least compiled.  Now while trying to install Curses and
Time-HiRes, they both stopped when make could not find
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-mult/CORE/EXTERN.h
That particular directory has about 30 files on the RH system but just 3 on
the mdk system.  Am I missing some package (maybe a perl package?)?  Any
insight would be apprecialted.

    tnx/73   Tom   WB8ZRL