[Dxspider-support] Mandriva 2005 Better?--SUSE Install.

Stephen vk3heg at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 16 08:48:37 BST 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 7:35 am, T3 wrote:

> im looking to stop KDE from booting all the time, where is that so i can
> remove it from the startup, id rather
> have this linux box coasting along without the KDE fat unless i need it.
> Coming from a slackware background i like my terminals, and not so much
> KDE.

In a redhat/fedora system its ( I have turned off the gui as well [no need for
it]:

vk3heg at radio etc]# cat /etc/inittab |more

#
# inittab       This file describes how the INIT process should set up
#               the system in a certain run-level.
#
# Author:       Miquel van Smoorenburg, <miquels at drinkel.nl.mugnet.org>
#               Modified for RHS Linux by Marc Ewing and Donnie Barnes
#

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#
id:3:initdefault:

--
Stephen - vk3heg