[Dxspider-support] Auto updating Keplerian elements.

George Lloyd g.lloyd at gb7esx.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 00:19:21 BST 2005

Has anyone managed to get this to work in RedHat?

I've put it in the crontab /spider/local_cmd file but it does not
appear to do anything. If I run the same commands from the command
line it puts a blank file called amateur.txt  in the perl directory
and the full file amateur.txt in which ever directory I run the command from.

Then if I run the second line from the command line after copying
amateur.txt to the perl directory it sends the Keps.pm to /spider/local.

If I then copy Keps.pm to the perl directory and run load/keps from
the spider console it comes back and says it has completed but it's
done nothing.

I must confess my knowledge of Linux is very limited so I may be
doing something wrong.

73 George G1NNB

>      But today I was testing in my computer (for
> testings,experiments,etc, with the same Suse 9.2), and I need to
> put the path of the file to can run fine, like this:
>
>00 05 * * 1,3,5 spawn("wget
><http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/amateur.txt>http://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/amateur.txt
> >> /spider/perl/amateur.txt")
>02 05 * * 1,3,5 spawn("/spider/perl/convkeps.pl /spider/perl/amateur.txt")
>02 05 * * 1,3,5 run_cmd("load/keps")
>02 05 * * 1,3,5 spawn("rm /spider/perl/amateur.txt")
>
>     I don't know the reason, In the cluster computer run fine and
> in my computer I need the path of the file. I am a novice linux user :(
>
>     Thaks and sorry for my english.

George Lloyd
www.gb7esx.co.uk
Home of NNA BBS software