[Dxspider-support] IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use

brucebel brucebel at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 27 09:10:56 BST 2005

Francesco Giacoia, IZ7AUH wrote:

>Hi,
>I have this problem, on Linux (Suse 8.0) I set on services a 8000 ports and
>into a listeners.pm I set also a 8000.
>
>When I lunch a cluster.pl the dxspider tell me:
>
>linux:/spider/perl # ./cluster.pl
>Copyright (c) 1998-2005 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
>DXSpider Version 1.51, build 59.374 started
>US Database not loaded
>starting listeners ...
>Internal port: localhost 27754 using IntMsg
>IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use
>Could not create socket: Address already in use
>        Msg::new_server('ExtMsg', 192.168.0.9, 8000, 'CODE(0x83a3b1c)')
>called at ./cluster.pl line 387
>Could not create socket: Address already in use
>

>Why??
>
>Best 73 de IZ7AUH Frank

Hi

I had the same problem , until i realized my mistake,

I just left the DXcluster (spider) as it was default, the copied
listeners.pm to the correct place and told
listeners.pm to listen on Port 8000, then i also made a entry in my
firewall for the same.

Realising that i had made the mistake was the best thing , as it taught
me more about the perl program.

Bruce vk4trs