R: [Dxspider-support] New feature request

Luigi - IK5ZUK ik5zuk at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 18 19:10:23 GMT 2005

Yes,
when registration is enabled, i.e. the variable $main::reqreg is set to 1,
only registered users can use the ANN/FULL command... but this is not the
point !!
The point is: how to stop the announce/full propagation from a specific
callsign that uses (or more better ABUSE) the ann/full command with
non-sense messages or instead of the talk command. In our cluster network
there are a lot of nodes where the registration is not required or it is
disabled, so in the major part of the case the announce/full are coming in
by forward and not locally generated.....

In this case, if we can define a call as *badannoucer*, our Spider nodes
automatically reject all the announce/full messages coming in by forward or
locally generated.... this is the goal !!!
A very similar job is done by the *set/badspotter <call>* command, but only
for the DX .... we need the same also for ANN/FULL !!!

73 de Luigi, ik5zuk