[Dxspider-support] The SSID

Eric Carling eric at g0cgl.f2s.com
Thu Mar 24 16:57:57 GMT 2005

Might it be better to keep the way SSIDs are handled the way it is now but
allow calls like SM7GVF/7 to be valid?

Although currently not permitted, I see no reason to stop that format of
callsign from logging in. Moreover, the /7 (or whatever) identifier says a
lot more than the -7 ssid which makes no sense as a geographical identifier.

Or is there something in packet cluster protocol that prevents calls
containing a '/' ?