[Dxspider-support] beeps

Tom Vavra wb8zrl at avalon.net
Tue Mar 29 14:29:25 BST 2005

I need to do this again.

I recently migrated from build 58.3 on a RH 9.0 system to build 59.347 on a
Mandrake 10.1 system.  The cluster computer no longer will beep.  Beep is
set and I see the bel characters appended to a spot when viewed on the
cluster.pl screen.  console.pl no longer beeps when scrolling and reaching
the end of the scroll.  client does not beep spots either.

The computer does not have a sound card.  This is just that old teletype bel
character.  I suspect that it is a Mandrake issue.
  Any thoughts??

           Tom   WB8ZRL