[Dxspider-support] Auto-connect not working

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 17 13:57:07 BST 2005

At 08:36 AM 5/17/2005, Dirk Koopman wrote:

>I think I am right in saying that perl on M$ will work correctly with M$
>EOL conventions viz: \r\n as well as plain \n.

ActiveState Perl may be more forgiving.  Cygwin is a Unix-like
environment for Windows.  I've been creating an Xterm then running
the cluster software inside of it (for some reason I get errors when
trying to start from a DOS prompt).  At some point I'll be moving
DXSpider to the shack computer, and I'll probably run ActiveState
Perl (not Cygwin Perl) and all this should be a moot point.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us