[Dxspider-support] Spot broadcasts

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Sat May 21 15:14:07 BST 2005

I am wondering something. I have dxspider set up and working well and am
sharing my spots with a few other nodes.

At the moment I am trying to help out a new dxspider sysop and when I hook
up with him as a dx node, his system fails to see any spots that I broadcast.
I tried doing a 'talk'  communication with him and that worked fine between
ourselfs.  So we do have communication between each other.

I am now wondering why my spots are not seen at his end.  I can't for the
life of me think that I might have something NOT turned on for him. If that
is the case
what could that be ?   And if that was true wouldn't that also effect the
other nodes that I broadcast to??

In any event - I am trying to rack my brain to think what I might have
wrong, rather than think the other sysop has something wrong.
But, if it is the other guy than what does he not have turned on for my
spots to be ignored.

Sounds confusing, but the bottom line is -  spots generated from my system
are not seen at his sytem. And yet my other nodes I broadcast to have no
problem with my system.  What do I or the other (new) sysop have wrong??

---
Ted Gervais,
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada