[Dxspider-support] A possible change to data storage (and Windows)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 19:51:11 GMT 2005

It is becoming apparent that I am going to have to consider changing the
way that I store some data. Specifically, I am considering using SQLite
(www.sqlite.org).

This will involve the use of DBI and DBD::SQLite modules from CPAN. For
Windows users it would mean upgrading to ActivePerl 5.8.7.813. This is
assuming that this version of perl runs the existing code (note: DB_File
is separate download from ppm).

Can any Windows user confirm or deny that build 813 of Activestate is
usable and what the issues might be in installing it which are not
addressed in the existing documentation.

I have done nothing yet - and I may do nothing in this area for quite a
while - but I would like to know whether the infrastructure I intend is
feasible and available to all likely users.

Dirk G1TLH