[Dxspider-support] Followup - Hang hang and some more hang...

charlie carroll k1xx at cfl.rr.com
Sun Nov 13 19:42:53 GMT 2005

An observation.  Kelly sent me his load test software.  The test robots
issue a series of commands once logged in.  One command causes my node
to noticably slow down....   sh/dx/10 15.  This means show me 10 entries
from the spot database each which contains the text "15"  As a result,
my node has to open and search every spot log searching for the text
"15"  This takes a noticable amount of time.  If I have several robots
connected doing the same thing, my node seemingly grinds to a halt until
each of these searches is processed.  One other observation... a search
such as  sh/dx/10 3d2 completes a lot quicker.

Dirk can probably explain why the search for 3d2 completes faster than
the search for the text 15.

I doubt that this is the answer to Kelly's original question, but I
think it's a clue.  Remember, Kelly's talking of about 100 connects
doing different things.

73 charlie, k1xx/4