[Dxspider-support] Followup - Hang hang and some more hang...

Strick gotdablues at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:52:55 GMT 2005

On my RH 7.1 and FC 3 boxes, xinetd.conf installed with a default of a
maximum of 60 connections.  The variable is "instances" .  I changed
mine to 160 since I don't have memory/storage/bandwidth/CPU-type
problems to deal with.  Verify your situation independently as I
rarely know what I'm talking about.  IOW, YMMV.

"Hanging" is a problem here, however.  I've identified 2 nodes that
were sending me PC17 and PC21 (I think...node connect/disconnects)
about a dozen per second.  During the 'test, there was no time left
for anything else!  I rebooted and as soon as my nodes came online and
I could grab the console, I locked out the offenders.  Fixed the
problem.  The PC17/21's were identical for what seemed like hours on
end.

Regards,
Bill
K4DX